When is the #*%* bus gonna come?

Monday, November 29, 2010
When I first talked about the JnNURM low floor buses, i had mentioned some gripes. One of the major problem   I felt was the non availability of a useful and comprehensive schedule. I googled around a bit and this is all i got:
http://aanavandi.wordpress.com/kochi-jnnurm-non-ac-timings/
http://www.ksrtcblog.com/2010/05/ksrtc-kochi-volvo-non-ac-low-floor-city.html
http://jnnurmcochin.blogspot.com
All these, while giving some details of departure and arrival timings, are incomplete and incomprehensive,
What I am proposing is to use the power of twitter to people-source this data.
ie, if you see a JnNURM low floor bus, tweet it. Use a format like this:


#kochi #lowfloorac < time > < place > < routeno > < busno > < route >


eg: @ejasmudar #kochi #lowfloorac 7.30am at panchayat, route 604, JNK9, aluva to fort kochi


NOTE: All these info like route, bus no, etc are optional and even if you dont see it, please tweet the rest of the data.


So this way, we can compile a very detailed schedule for each of the low floor ac/non-ac buses. A wiki page can be created and somebody can edit it once in a while based on data from the #lowfloorac hashtag page.

Whaddyasay?
Please start tweeting KSRTC JnNURM low floor bus sightings from today!!!

0 comments: